Thursday, June 30, 2011

Young Rebel Set

Young Rebel Set provides just good rock, at times it can be folky but it's mainly just good indie rock. I'd probably compare them to a not as hard Gaslight Anthem. Their frontman, Matty Chipchase, provides a really mature and strong vocal. Never really losing control, he just keeps a nice pitch and always stays on point.

Their recent release Curse Our Love has some acoustic stuff and some straight rock on it. Throughout the album, the sound shifts and gives it a sense of a complete album as opposed to just a bunch of singles lumped together. A couple stand outs for me were "Won't Get Up Again" and "Bagatelle". The latter kind of reminds me of some Eric Clapton, which is quite the high praise but I think it's worthy of it from a musical stand point and a vocal stand point.


Young Rebel Set - Won't Get Up Again

Young Rebel Set | Myspace Music Videos


1 comment:

  1. I love Bagatelle. it's a beautiful song. I was disappointed when they didn't play it on their set at the Fibbers gig in York :(
    This band deserve to succeed.

    York Angel

    ReplyDelete