Monday, June 20, 2011

Bon Iver

I've been kind of torn the last couple days on if I should repeat artists. I figured that I'd eventually have to. So I came up with a rule for myself: Only repeat if/when that artist has a new album out.

So having said that, I am allowing myself to talk about the new Bon Iver album due out tomorrow, Bon Iver, Bon Iver. You can stream it in its entirety over at Rolling Stone http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/bon-iver-20110526.

The opening track, "Perth", really sets the tone for the album. You can initially hear how much more of a full production sound this album will have as opposed to the rawness of For Emma, Forever Ago. Maybe it came from Justin with working with a lot more artists since that release, most notably giving a heavy contribution on Kanye's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Below is the first single off of the new album, "Calgary". This also gives you a great idea of the production behind this album. So check out that below and then head over to Rolling Stone to listen to the rest of the album and don't forget to pick it up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment