Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cults

Another brand new release from a week ago, Cults by Cults is a very strong debut release. This duo (more than 2 when live) really has a great sound. Two tracks that really stuck out to me on my first few listens were "You Know What I Mean" and "Oh My God". The former sounds like it is straight from the 60s. I can just see it being played at a high school dance back then and the girls finally being forced to dance with the guys. "Oh My God" is more of a fun track and has a real girly pop feel to it.

Make sure to go out and grab the debut album and listen to all the other tracks this album has to offer. You can also go over to their bandcamp site, http://cults.bandcamp.com/, and listen to most of the album. Here are the two aforementioned tracks above for a small glimpse at what Cults has to offer on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment