Friday, June 24, 2011

Justin Vernon & Kanye West

Most know that Justin Vernon (listed as Bon Iver on the album) contributed a bit to Kanye's latest album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. The song "Lost in the World", is probably the track that has the most Justin on it What most don't know is that the chorus to that song is actually a re-working of a Bon Iver song "Woods". For comparison's sake:

"Woods"

        I'm up in the woods
        I'm down on my mind
        I'm building a still
        to slow down the time. 


"Lost in the World"

        I'm lost in the world
        I'm down on my life
        I'm new in the city

        and I'm down for the night 

Justin does sing the "Woods" lyrics to open the track, but then they are reworked to fit the song Kanye intended. Both of them are below to hear just how they were intertwined and reworked. The "Lost in the World" version below is the one from this year's Coachella, in the odd chance that you haven't seen Kanye's Coachella set I think most of it is on youtube so I'd look that up in addition to this song.



No comments:

Post a Comment