Thursday, February 10, 2011

Volume 56: Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson

When I first heard about this collaboration, my initial thought was really? Pete Yorn is pretty well respected and I figured if he would attach himself to this then it must be worth the listen. I listened to Breakup a few times when it first came out and nothing really grabbed my attention.

Then the other day my iTunes was on shuffle and "Blackie's Dead" came on and I frantically switched to iTunes to see what song was playing and to my amazement it was them. Since then, I have ran through the album a few more times and have finally gotten its feel and have liked it a lot more since. I don't know if my musical tastes have just changed since then or what, but I instantly became hooked to its beat.

So here's a live performance of the aforementioned "Blackie's Dead", with the studio version in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Studio version - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_LbAeJa7hg

    ReplyDelete