Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Weeknd

Sometimes our mind plays tricks on us while we read, or maybe I just have some mild form of dyslexia because when I read this name I always see it as The Weekend. Even though by now I know that it isn't. So no, that is not a typo above. It may be a little excursion from what is mainly posted on here, but it is equally as intriguing and fresh.




The Weeknd is Abel Tesfaye, a Tornto based R&B singer, but is more of a cross between R&B and electronica. It may seem like a strange pairing but it is pulled off so damn well. I made sure to put a few tracks down there just to give more than the usual taste. Albums like this only make it more difficult to rank albums at the end of the year. It's just different from most stuff out there today, so finding its own sound or cross-category is definitely a plus and something to make it much more memorable.





No comments:

Post a Comment