Monday, January 31, 2011

Volume 50: The Limousines

The Limousines latest effort, Get Sharp, is an album that starts off with a soothing intro with just enough oomph behind it to let you know what you are in store for. And it never lets you go and certainly wont let you down.

The track that should catch everyone's eye immediately is Internet Killed the Video Star, mainly because of its title. It's kind of hard to determine which is better, the title to this song or the song itself. An obvious reference to the great Buggles song, Video Killed the Radio Star, The Limousines title is a reminder of how society and technology has changed. With a great beat and a lyric such as "the kids are disco dancing", it makes you move your feet, nod your head and just lose yourself in it. Don't be afraid to let loose and jam out once in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I have been in love with The Limousines even since I heard "Very Busy People" two summers ago. I'm glad to see that they are getting recognition by others.

    I also appreciate your introduction to new musicians. I am a music fanatic myself and I love find and falling in love with new music.

    ReplyDelete