Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hip Hop Wednesday: Volume 2: Jay Electronica

Jay Elect has been blowing up and for a good reason too. He is one of the best lyricist in the hip hope game today and with a beat like Exhibit C, he has made one of the best hip hop songs I've heard in quite some time.

"They call me Jay Electronica.
F*** that. Call me Jay ElecHannukah, Jay ElecYarmulke,
Jay ElecRamadaan Muhammad Asalaamica RasoulAllah Supana Watallah through your monitor.
My uzi still weighs a ton check the barometer
I'm hotter than the muthafuckin sun check the thermometer.
"

And that is just a small sample of his lyricism. This guy is one to watch in the future of hip hop.

Make sure to comment on whether or not you've A) heard of it or not B) liked it or not and C) whether you would listen to more of the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment